[vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading source=”post_title” font_container=”tag:h1|text_align:left” use_theme_fonts=”yes”][vc_column_text]
Registering is voluntary. By registering you will assist us to compile a register of Ngāruahine descendants. If you register you will be able to:
- Participate in the election of trustees and in decision relating to the Treaty Settlements;
- Help set the future direction;
- Access entitlements the Te Korowai o Ngāruahine Trust Board may determine; and
- Help the Board and Ngāruahine hapū communicate with you about kaupapa within the Iwi.
Am I eligible to register?
To register with Te Korowai o Ngāruahine Trust you:
- Must whakapapa to Ngāruahine Iwi; and
- If you are 18 years or older complete your own registration form; or
- If you are under 18 years of age your Parents or Guardians can register you on their registration form
(when you turn 18 you will be eligible to vote and will receive information personally addressed to you).
How do we verify your registration?
A Membership Committees considers each application for registration verify, therefore:
- A copy of your registration form will be forwarded to the appropriate Committee(s) to verify;
- Registrations from whangai will be managed by the tikanga of the appropriate Committee;
- The Membership Committee/s may ask you to provide further information (eg: whakapapa) to support of your registration;
- You will be notified in writing about the status of your registration.
How do we protect your information?
- The information supplied is confidential within the terms of the Privacy Act 1993, and for the lawful use by Te Korowai o Ngāruahine Trust.
- Registered members can view their personal details held on the register and the registration details of any child or dependent under 18 years of age whom they registered.
- The information requested in this application is consistent with the requirements of the Māori Fisheries Act 2004.
Where do I go for more information?
|Postal address||Freepost (if posted in NZ)|
PO Box 474
|Office address||50 High Street (next to the Library)|
|Phone||+64 6 278 1070|